Friday, May 1, 2015

I Want Bibimbap!!!

I suddenly had craving for bibimbap  though I knew that a spicy lunch was not appropriate if the heat index is 39°C.

I made my version, using only cheap vegetables that are readily available -- eggplant, radish, kangkong or water spinach (one time I used malunggay/moringa leaves from our backyard and it was OK), bean sprouts, and carrot. Just grate or julienne the vegetables and steam them; I did using rice cooker, on top of the steaming rice  to save energy and time. You will also need sunny side up eggs (or poached to  stay away from oil)

 Arrange the cooked vegetables and egg on a bowl with rice (this is what I like with this dish, I can control my rice since the bowl is loaded with veggies, such that my bowl has only 25% rice and 75% veggies), season with a teaspoon or more of sesame oil (Lee Kum Kee)  and a teaspoon  (depending on your tolerance for spicy food) of  red chilli paste or gochujang (we bought ours at SM or Landmark). Mix everything together and you have a healthy Korean meal! 

This one has minced pork marinated in ssamjang, sesame oil and green onions

No comments:

Post a Comment